Welcome To The Community Of Bayview! Located Along The Banks Of The Glenmore Reservoir And Pathways Sits This Gorgeous Property Located On A Huge Corner Lot.! With Over 3000 Sq Ft Of Developed Living Space! This Home Features An Exceptional Floor Plan, Huge Windows Throu... Read More »
8963 Bay Ridge Drive Sw
Bayview, Calgary, Alberta
- 4 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 2,167 Square FT
Elegant And Sophisticated Home In Sought-after Bayview. Cul-se-sac Location With Direct Access To The Glenmore Pathway (27 Km Of Picturesque Walking Around The Glenmore Reservoir) And Adjacent To Glenmore Landing Shopping And Services. Over The Years, This Home Has Had Ex... Read More »
1815 Bay Shore Road Sw
Bayview, Calgary, Alberta
- 2 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 2,862 Square FT
Please Watch The Video And Imagine Living In Prestigious Bay Point In Bayview. You Are Just Steps Away From The Tranquility Of The Glenmore Reservoir, Walking And Biking Paths, Fishing And Sailing! An Absolutely Wonderful 2062 Sq. Ft. Two Storey Townhome Offering Carefree... Read More »
35, 68 Baycrest Place Sw
Bayview, Calgary, Alberta
- 2 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 2,062 Square FT
Bayview Real Estate History and Overview
Located in Calgary's south zone, The Bayview community took on rapid development in 1967. The breathtaking Glenmore Reservoir marks the northern border of the community. On the south, the 90th Avenue SW lines the boundary. For its one-of-a-kind development, Alcan Design Homes, an Alcan subsidiary, oversaw the development and management of Bayview Homes. The neighbourhood’s development was rapid, with the first homes completed and ready for occupancy by January 1968.
The neighbourhood is populated with single-family homes built in the American Colonial style. Also, there are houses with Spanish, Tudor, and Modern styles. A blend of modern design that mixes modern luxury with classic charm.
Housing high-income earners in Calgary, Bayview Homes are classy and unique. As of 2000, its residents had a high median household income in the city at $184,383. In 2012, it had a population of 682 occupying 249 buildings. Thus, Bayview affords the right amount of density that keeps your space exclusive.
Also, residents can participate in recreational activities along the boat docks because of its proximity to the Glenmore Reservoir. They can also visit Glenmore Park and Weaselhead Flats. Moreover, they can engage in hiking trails.
Bayview REALTOR® Tour of the Neighbourhood
Take a tour of Bayview with this video walkthrough of the neighbourhood. Learn about the community before you start looking at homes and make notes of what's important to you.
Bayview is a small luxury community located on the Glenmore Reservoir edge in southwest Calgary. If you’re looking to buy a peaceful luxury home in Calgary, then Bayview is the perfect choice for you. It was founded in 1967 and is known for its waterfront recreational spots!
Bayview Real Estate
The community of Bayview is among the richest communities in Calgary with a population of only 682 people (2012 consensus) living in 249 homes. Bayview real estate comprises primarily of single-family luxury dwellings. Most of these homes feature huge plot sizes and just minutes away from the Elbow River which has a park-pathway network. Some of the houses are even located on the beautiful Glenmore Reservoir.
Calgary Real Estate Listings Community #129
Calgary Real Estate Quadrant: SouthWest Calgary
Similar neighboring communities of Oakridge Estates, Eagle Ridge and Lakeview Village
Community Established 1967
Nestled along the southeast edge of the Glenmore Reservoir, homes in this area of Calgary enjoy gorgeous lake views of the reservoir. There are many outdoor recreation opportunities within the vicinity of Bayview including boat docks, the Calgary bike pathway, Weaselhead Flats hiking trails and Glenmore Park. Heritage Park Historical Village is also a popular venue for Calgarians and tourists. Luxury lakefront homes for sale in Bayview are primarily single family residential bungalows.
There is nothing as good as variety and options. Bayview indulges your desire to choose with a generous sprinkle of schools for your kids. This plethora of schools goes beyond number to include private, public, separate, and French immersion schools. In addition, there are Catholic schools and some schools for kids with special needs. Some of the schools available to residents of Bayview Homes are:
- Nellie McClung School: A public school that offers kindergarten and elementary grade level education
- Fairview School: A public school that offers elementary, middle, and high school grade level education
- École de la Source: Located only about 3.73KM away, École de la Source is a public school that offers Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle, High, and Pre-Kindergarten in French
- John Ware School: This school offers middle and high school grade level education
- St Cyril School: This is a Catholic public school that offers Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle, and High Schools
- École Notre-Dame-de-la-Paix: This Catholic public school offers kindergarten, elementary, and prekindergarten grade level education in French.
- Akiva Academy: This is a private school located only 2.54KM away
- The Calgary Jewish Academy: This is a private school situated only about 2.63KM away.
- Other schools available for Bayview residents include Louis Riel School, Henry Wise Wood High School, Robert Warren School, Willow Park School, St. Gerard School, St. Benedict School, and Bishop Grandin High School.
List your home for sale in Calgary with our proven and professional property marketing services. View more of the homes for sale in the Bayview real estate community with our buyers specialists. Get started with a conversation today about your needs and the current Bayview and Calgary real estate market.
Things to Do in Bayview Calgary
Home should be fulfilling, and as you would expect, Bayview luxury homes live up to their reputation. In the community of Bayview, there are plenty of recreational facilities to satisfy your needs. Depending on your preferences, you can passively enjoy the neighbourhood’s serenity at conveniently located park benches or take on a more active recreation at the game courts. Whatever your definition of fun might be, there are a range of options.
Some of these facilities are listed below:
- South Glenmore Park: One of the best recreational facilities Bayview has to offer. It has tennis courts, trails and pathways, playgrounds, and an inclusive water park.
- South Glenmore Park - One of the best recreational facilities Bayview has to offer. It has tennis courts, trails and pathways, playgrounds, and an inclusive water park.
- Palliser Bayview Pumphill Community Association - This is a perfect venue for clubs, meetings, events, and classes. It is also an ideal location to participate in physical activities. It has multi-purpose rooms, kitchen, boardroom, sports fields, playground, and rink.
- Bay Ridge Dr. SW Playground - great place to take your kids and mingle with other families.
With its easily accessible, cost-effective, and efficient transport system, Bayview keeps delivering on the premise of your comfort. The neighbourhood has a street-level transit stop which residents can use to move to and from other parts of Calgary. The nearest transit stop within the community is located at WB 90 Av SW at Bayview Dr. This transit stop is only 0.24KM away, about a 3-minute walk.
Some of the facilities available in cases of emergency include:
Rockyview General Hospital
- - RGH cares for about 220,000 patients every year, including acute and outpatients
- Fire Station 24 - this is located at 2607 106 Ave SW, Calgary, AB, Canada, only about 1.93KM away.
- District 6 Office (Fairview) - A police facility located at 8325 Bonaventure Dr SE, Calgary, AB T2H 2R7, Canada, is about 3.19KM away.
You can expect the best attention from these facilities. Their response rate is quick, and they handle emergencies with the best possible service.
With all kinds of convenience stores dotting the landscape within quick driving distance, you can quickly appreciate that Bayview is one neighbourhood that did not neglect your comfort. Some of these facilities are listed below:
- Safeway Pharmacy
- F45 Training Pumphill - a fitness center
- Certigard (Petro-Canada) - a petrol station
- Lavanderia Raffinata Fine Dry Cleaning
- Palliser Bayview Pumphill Community Association: This is a perfect venue for clubs, meetings, events, and classes. It is also an ideal location to participate in physical activities. It has multi-purpose rooms, kitchen, boardroom, sports fields, playground, and rink.
- Bay Ridge Dr. SW Playground: great place to take your kids and mingle with other families.
Have you lived in one of those communities where the transport system is poorly planned, and each time you have to go out, you find every reason to stay back? We hate to break it to you, but the only place you shouldn't move freely is in prison. With its easily accessible, cost-effective, and efficient transport system, Bayview keeps delivering on the premise of your comfort. The neighbourhood has a street-level transit stop which residents can use to move to and from other parts of Calgary. The nearest transit stop within the community is located at WB 90 Av SW at Bayview Dr. This transit stop is only 0.24KM away, about a 3-minute walk.